Friday, February 02, 2007

I've been tagged...

by the talented German artist Anja...
I was worried this might happen to me at some point... :o)

Anyway, here are the rules again for the next 6 people:
I must tell 6 weird things about me...here are the rules: Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.

And here are 6 wEiRd tHiNGs AbOut mE:



1. I love liquorice/salmiak and everything that tastes like it, i.e. fennel, aniseed, Ouzo from Greece.

I eat a lot of high percentage liquorice when I'm in Germany til I feel dizzy. When I was a kid, Greek restaurants where the thing to go to for eating out, and I think Ouzo was my 1st alcoholic drink ever.



2. I always see the negative side of things first. I'm a pessimistic optimist. The optimist as a basis because otherwise I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing.



3. Seriously good impersonation skills. If I was into acting this would be a useful talent. It comes from observing people and bringing the impersonation down to the key characteristics, obviously including gestures and posture and all. I'm shy about it though so not many people get to see my acts.



4. Hair freaks me out. I hate looking at a single hair, may it be pubic hair or normal hair, but when it's lying in the shower and I know it's not mine I can't have a shower. One of the worst things that can happen to me is swimming in a swimming pool and get someone's long hair tangled between my fingers!!!! Yuk!



5. I can't deal with some people's smells. I strongly believe in the theory that we pick partners/friends according to smells that attract us. The immune system theory. There are a lot of smells that I can notice but nobody else does. I'd rather smell dogs' poo than some people's feet...or breath. It freaks me out so much that I want to vomit sometimes. It sounds mean, doesn't it. Sensitive sense of smell. My sense of hearing is not very good though. I'm not able to write down a name if somebody spells it out for me on the phone. It just sounds like made up noises rather than letters, especially in different British accents...Ihh aiii eyyy Arg what?



6. I'm not a snobbish design freak at all but poorly designed groceries put me off and make me feel even more miserable. Compare Sainsbury's Ginger beer with the one with the German Shepard logo. The Sainsbury one makes me feel like a thrifty person; with the ridiculous beer glass in the middle and the sun rays, why?! And Bettabuy from Morrisons just gives me the rest. Morrisons and Tescos on their own give me the rest, anyway.

I'm tagging:
Imke
Frizz

5 comments:

natural attrill said...

I love your little pink illustrations. We did our weird list too but didnt think to add anything visual.
Penny.

Anja said...

I hate Lakritze, but I do agree with 2 and 4. May I ask you two questions? Why do you live in London and what´s your favourite film with J. G.?

Christiane said...

Hi Anja,
is there a connection between these 2 questions I wonder? If it would be LA, maybe...;0)
I moved to London for work after studying in Leeds.
the films-> a lot films where he's in appeal to me, not just for the obvious reason...Donnie Darko/Brokeback Mt/Moonlight Mile might be my favourite...

tiel s-k said...

i'm with you on 2, 3 and 4!

you might not be that wierd afterall.

Sabine said...

I recognise myself in 2, I think it's a way to be prepared in life to miserable things happening to you.
I do agree with 6, but sometimes things can be so ugly, that you feel sorry for them and buy them anyway. At least I do!
I love your drawings!